Friday, December 7, 2012

FIRST ARTSY ORNAMENT OF CHRISTMAS


Well, looks like you guys might get to see my new blog makeover before I do! Michelle hasn't had a chance to get it installed yet, and we're fixing to head to Dallas for a few days, to celebrate an early Christmas with my siblings and their families. Let me tell you, it's killing me to drive off without seeing it up and running. KILLING me, I say! Anywho, before I go, I just wanted to share with you the first ornament I made this week, in that 12 Artsy Ornaments of Christmas class that I am taking online.


It was sooooo easy, and other than the 4x4 canvas that we used as its base, used mostly stuff you have laying around the house already, if you do any kind of crafting at all. You start off just layering scraps of old book paper, sheet music,  or whatever over the canvas. Then finish it with a bit of glitter. Who doesn't love glitter?



The bottom gets a junk bow made from whatever scraps of ribbon, lace, or tulle you happen to have, finished off with a bit of bling in the middle, such as an old earring or something. Mine got a vintage button that I found in my button jar.



The only things I had to buy were the glitter, and the little bits of bling I finished it off with, such as the jewels in the corners, and this weird metal thing. Know what I believe? I believe this was just too much fun, and turned out too stinkin' cute!

No comments: