Thursday, November 8, 2012

BOUNTIFUL GOOD LIFE


The subtitle of this second Art of Wild Abandonment class that I am now taking is "Bless This Mess", and this week our assignment was to think of different ways of seeing our homes. We were to think not so much about how they actually look, but more about how they make us feel. It was really about blessing this mess, whatever it is, and wherever we are, right at this time. I feel a bit guilty about this one, for I am actually living in the place I've always dreamed of.

One of the first steps in this project was to glue a few words to the page here and there, then let them sort of peek through the layers of paint. Can you see this "overriding" sentiment, there at the top of the page?

Bountiful!
As I sat here, mulling over how this little house on a hillside makes me feel, this is the first thing that came to me:



It's from an old song by The Carpenters that I once loved, and says "I'm on the top of the world, looking down on creation..." Whenever I step out onto our balcony porch, that's exactly how I feel.


Not only are we looking down upon our own handiwork, but also that of our neighbors...

and, of course, that of The Great Creator.


A good friend told me recently that she doesn't mind doing things for those she loves, as long as she feels like they're appreciated. Therefore, this journal page is dedicated both to my dear hubby, who was determined to make every last one of my dreams come true, and to the one who placed him there in front of me on that landmark day in my college dorm's cafeteria, when I was a mere babe of seventeen.


Your love put me on the top of the world.

No comments: