Tuesday, May 27, 2008

FOR WOMEN OF A CERTAIN AGE

Up until just a few months ago, I was such a Luddite that my husband almost fainted when I told him I had googled something. Now, when I speak of site meters and article banks, he just stares at me as if he fears an alien has taken over my body. One of my newest discoveries is blogrolls, or blog communities. Bloggers with similar interests are banding together to form groups. Not only does it make it easier for one to find a whole list of blogs on a particular topic, it also brings a lot more traffic to each individual blog, by linking them together so that it's easy to hop from one to the other, thus raising their rating on google or technorati. I thought about joining Foodie Blogroll, but my blog isn't just about food. Same goes for the gardening blogs, craft blogs, etc. Then I found the perfect community for women like me: Midlife Bloggers (midlifebloggers.com). If you are looking for blogs that speak to our particular interests and give us a voice, check it out. Also check out Women Bloom (www.womenbloom.blogspot.com) - a kind of bazaar for ideas, items, people, conversations, and resources that we can use to make the most of middle age.

3 comments:

ByJane said...

Thanks for the mention! The site now has a new look...its final, I think, at least for now! But what's going up soon are some regular features...and more posts...and, and, and--what else?

Hill Country Hippie said...

I had both midlife bloggers and women bloom on my bookmark bar, but just yesterday I decided that byjane needed to be checked daily as well, so now you have joined them there. I'm running out of room!

ByJane said...

byjane.blogspot.com gets a new post just about every day -- I'm participating in the Blog 365 thingie--so there should always be something or other fresh there.