Saturday, May 31, 2008

IN CELEBRATION OF BLISS





John left Houston mid-afternoon yesterday, and I met him in San Marcos to kick off our 33rd anniversary weekend celebration. We had dinner at a funky little basement cafe and gallery called The Root Cellar (www.rootcellarcafe.com). It's on LBJ, right across from Paper Bear (check this place out too - a five and dime on steroids!). They serve breakfast and lunch every day but Monday, dinner Thursday through Saturday. I highly recommend the pecan crusted chicken with bourbon sauce and a side of asparagus fries. ESPECIALLY the asparagus fries!

Now the real fun begins. We are heading over to Austin this morning, and have booked a hotel downtown, in walking distance to 6th street. See ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I realized the other day that I never answered your question about what a meme is.

meme n (mëm): A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another. From the Greek mimëma, something imitated, from mimeisthai, to imitate.

Many bloggers "tag" each other with a set of questions or topics they are to write about. Then the blogger must "tag", (link to) someone else and so on. Kind of like an online chain letter.

Some of the more popular memes have websites like: Booking through Thursday, Thursday Thirteen, etc. See more at http://thedailymeme.com

I've never tagged anyone with a meme and don't plan to, but I saw the Thursday thirteeners and decided to do it. I've decided not to try to link to others blogs because I seem to be too technologically challenged to do so properly.

Anyway I enjoy making lists, and look on it as a small way to document my life.

Hill Country Hippie said...

Thanks! I couldn't believe even my husband didn't know the answer to that one. I thought he knew EVERYTHING with regards to computers!