Monday, March 11, 2013

MY BODACIOUS BUCKEYE

 
Ah yes! Now I remember why I was so hot to get one of these Red Buckeyes, when we happened to catch them in bloom out at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.


It wasn't much to look at when we first planted it beneath a shady oak tree, then it went and dropped all its leaves in the midst of our torrid summer. We though for sure it was a goner.


But now it's back, just waiting for the first hummingbirds to come through and pollinate it. And, in a few years? When it's had time to put down some roots? Oh my my, that will be a sight to behold!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How wonderful to be able to shed the old and birth the new. It is such a healing process. Must write a post and add this topic to my radiant healing series. Hope to see you tomorrow at Muse coffee time. Last chance to see Fiber Woman for a couple of months. www.twotreesbirthing.blogspot.com