Wednesday, March 13, 2013

MANLY FASHION

Dear Hubby, modeling his new "man purse", which contains his antibiotic pump.
We must have a pretty good insurance policy. The first time we went to the infectious disease doc's "infusion lab"-- to get John fitted out with his antibiotic pump that he has to carry around for five or six weeks -- the nurse showed us a bill that said the cost for this medicine and equipment was something like $2,400, per week! "But don't worry," she quickly added. "Thanks to Aetna, you don't owe us a dime!"

I'd feel a tad guilty, about how much John has cost dear Aetna over the last several years, were it not for the fact that the last time I was in the hospital was more than twenty seven years ago, when I had my youngest child. Plus, the only time I ever have to go to a doctor's office (knock on wood) is for my annual Well Woman check-ups. I guess it all kinda balances out, huh?

No comments: