Wednesday, August 29, 2012

WEEKEND WILDNESS

Guess what I'll be doing, right about this time next month? I'll be pulling out that little rolling carry-on bag that I bought for the trip to France, dusting it off, and filling it up with everything from Crop-a-diles to baby wipes.


Why? Because I'll be gettin' ready to head off to my very first ever weekend art retreat! I've been dying to go to one ever since my first online art instructor described the fabulous one she had just taught at in North Carolina, at the shop/studio of artist/designer/blogger Donna Downey. High School Debbie and I both read her blog now, and have talked about how much fun it would be to go to one of her retreats some day. But you know how it is, what with the time, effort and expense involved in attending something like that halfway across the country, I just never got around to it. Imagine my glee then, when I opened that email from H.S.D. a few weeks ago -- the one that read "Guess who's coming to San Antonio?" Yes indeedy! Donna Downey herself will be teaching three separate workshops in one weekend at the Courtyard Marriott at The Rim, and we're gonna be there for it, up to our elbows in all kinds of yummy art-journalling-goodness!

There's only one hitch. Debbie's daughter is expecting, and her due date is perilously close to the date of the workshop. If the baby comes early, Deb may have to run out in the middle of the workshop. Don't worry Deb, I've got you covered! I promise to take lots of pictures, and you can see everything you missed here on my blog afterwards.

2 comments:

alexa said...

I've never been to a retreat like this either, but it sounds wonderful - hope you have a perfectly lovely time!

Hill Country Hippie said...

I'm sure I will. Hope you have a wonderful time sailing off to see the grandkids!