Saturday, April 9, 2011

UH-OH. I DID IT AGAIN!


I have a problem with plant nurseries.  Just walking into one causes my brain to malfunction.

My left brain -- the part that is aware that every plant I set in the cart means one more hole that must be dug, and one more thing that must be watered, every day, for at least two weeks?  Well, it automatically decides to take a snooze as soon as I cross the threshold...

but my right brain shifts into overdrive!  It goes absolutely crazy from all that color and texture, trying to think of the infinite ways in which they could possibly be combined.

Which is how I ended up with all of these.  In case you're wondering, that's 50 or 60 holes I will be digging this weekend.
Guess I'd better go get started.

2 comments:

GirlPowers said...

I too have the same problem. There is nursery around the corner from my house. In the spring I am there far too often. I love to look around and think about the area I need to fill and daydream about the day that I can afford to have a professional landscaper redo my front yard.

My problem is that I love to fondle the plants, I can't keep my hands off of them. Love the smell and the texture. I recently got an indecent proposal from a nurseryman at the nursery I frequent. I am sure this is solely due to his witnessing my plant fondling predilections. This incident has helped my budget as I feel rather awkward shopping there since the man's wife is the manager. The only other options close by are Lowes and Home Depot.

Hill Country Hippie said...

GP: What a creep, to go a spoil such a nice pastime for you! Hanging out at one of the box stores just can't compare to being at a great nursery. Have you ever fondled Powis Castle artemesia? I used to work for a landscaper, and it was my job to do maintenance on some of our clients' perennial gardens. That artemesia always got me into trouble. It smelled so wonderful and felt so soft and silky that I always got carried away when I was trimming it. Next thing I knew, it was practically bald!