Tuesday, May 11, 2010

KINDA BUMMED


Too bad my entire family will still be tied up in Houston this weekend. We've got both fun and not-so-fun activities on the agenda, and it looks like I'll be going it solo to both.

First up is the monthly coffee-house concert at Susanna's Kitchen, where the headliner just happens to be our neighbor, Alejandro Escavedo. We've all heard him on the radio, and I was lucky enough to catch him on Austin City Limits a while back, but none of us has ever seen him perform live. I'm sorry John and the kids won't be with me, but I've already missed seeing Alejandro play Susanna's twice, and I just can't do it again. Guess that means I get to do the deer-dodging drive home on my own afterwards (my night vision sucks).

In the not-so-fun department we have Saturday's special meeting of our neighborhood P.O.A., which has been called so that we can "make recommendations to the Architectural Control Committee about the amount of special assessment to fund the litigation" that has been lodged against us over that damn gate. Crap. Double crap.

P.S. Many thanks to twangville.com for the above image.

3 comments:

lexlane said...

You should get a group of people together to protest with signs that say "No Way, We Won't Pay" and "It's your damn mess if you won't settle you pay for it you ass-hats"

musingegret said...

I'm with Lex---couldn't have said it any better than she has! Is Alejandro going to the POA meeting too?

Hill Country Hippie said...

I would be highly surprised if he showed up, but you never know.