Wednesday, July 22, 2009

BY WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY






You'll never guess who moonwalked his way into our community-wide Rain Dance this morning, wearing white glove and black glitter pants! When I tried to picture what this event would be like, this is not at all the group I imagined, nor did I expect us to be beating our drums and dancing 'round the square in time to "Billie Jean's, unh, not my child!" But hey, different strokes for different folks... As for the secret identity of Mr. Bunny, organizer of this event? Well, rumor has it that local restaurateur Dave Lewis (Juan Henry's - home of delicious mushroom quesadillas) happens to own a bunny costume, and he's not afraid to use it! He pulled out the costume once 25 years ago, for another Rain Dance, and within 24 hours it was raining cats and dogs - over in Dripping Springs.

4 comments:

PLaneFancies said...

Wish you could share in our rain--we needed it, but probably not as much as you. It's been raining all day, gently, since early morning and looks like it might go all night. So maybe the Wimberley rain dance worked for Southwestern Ohio this time??

Hill Country Hippie said...

Yes, it boggles my mind when I hear about other parts of the country that are drowning, while we've had three years of drought. We ended up getting a wee bit of drizzle that evening, but not much. If only more people had shown up!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this just cracks me up. At a time when we all need some really good reasons to live in this sauna, thank goodness for Dave, I mean Mr. Bunny and all of you nutty residents of the Wimbo. Makes me willing to stay til October and nice weather again. Love it.

Lisa

musingegret said...

Thank you Mr. Bunny, et al. We got a nice drenching one night later!