Monday, December 6, 2010

COLOR MAD MONDAY & BURSTING JOHN'S BUBBLE



I just adore the colors of the season. They go so well with my home decor! Oooorrr...perhaps I decorated my entire home, so that it would go well with the colors of the season. Who knows?

John just left to go back to Houston this morning. It was really lovely, having him here for an extra day. The weekends fly by so quickly, we rarely have time to just putter around the house, as we did yesterday. Soon, though, we'll have all the time in the world! Last night, while I was cooking up a yummy dinner, John sat out on the porch, enjoying the view with his stereo blaring, whilst sipping a drink and smoking a cigar -- his favorite way to relax. Later he told me that he'd been making a mental list while out there, of all the things he planned to do once he was here full-time. Such a happy boy!

Unfortunately, we kinda spoiled his glow with the Christmas movie we decided to watch after dinner. Remember the book I mentioned earlier this week, called On Strike for Christmas? Well, unbeknownst to me, they turned it into a movie, and it just happened to be showing last night on Lifetime or LMN. A few minutes into it, John snidely said "Yeah, yeah, yeah! I see where this is going!" "Probably not," I replied. "If it's following the book, it will take a surprising turn. But that's OK, we don't need to watch it. I already know the story, and these made-for-TV movies are never all that great anyway." "No,no. That's OK. I can take it!"

I guess he hasn't read my blog lately, because mid-way through the movie he started looking kinda sad, then he turned to me and asked "Is this why you didn't put a tree up this year?" "Well, no, not really," I assured him, "though the book did contribute to my desire to simplify things. It helped me realize that I'd rather spend less time decorating and trying to make things "perfect", and more time relaxing and enjoying the company of my loved ones." I don't think my answer did much to mollify him though, cuz by the end of the movie, he was looking downright pitiful! When I flipped off the movie and got up to leave, he pulled me back into his lap, gave me a big squeeze, then apologized for all the times he left it up to me to "make Christmas happen." After a moment though, the impish grin returned, and he called after me, saying "But don't forget all the time I've spent in there on the computer, working my fingers to little nubs, shopping, shopping, shopping!" That's my boy.

No comments: