Sunday, February 22, 2009

ARTISTS AT WORK






Hey, remember these guys, my friends Rick and Cheryl, who were just getting started with building their own house from scratch, when I first introduced you to them? I stopped by last week to take a few more pictures for you. It's been slow going, but I think they're finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The upstairs loft area will be their art studio, and there will be a 2 1/2 story porch off the side of the house - the perfect place to get a bird's-eye view out over their domain. I'm especially impressed by the number of recycled materials they have managed to incorporate, including wood flooring from a gymnasium, and cabinetry from a high school art department. Cheryl is now busily stewing over ideas for creative tile-work and cabinet finishes. Can't wait to see what she comes up with!

No comments: