Tuesday, May 13, 2008

GETTIN' BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM THEIR FRIENDS


You may recall that when I wrote about what drew us to Wimberley in the first place, I once said that "it was easy to imagine that many of the hippies who sold jewelry and crafts down on The Drag in Austin during the 70's, were still alive and doing well in Wimberley." Well, I just found out that my good friend Cheryl was one of them! She and her husband Rick are both full-time artists, and if you have ever been to the Texas Renaissance Festival, you have probably shopped at their booth (the one with a big dragon that you walk through). Right now they are in the process of building their new house in Wimberley, doing most of the work themselves, gettin' by with a little help from their friends.

2 comments:

ByJane said...

I feel as if I came in in the middle of the story. Now I have to go back and read how you got where you are. But already, I'm jealous.

Hill Country Hippie said...

We've only had this place a little over 3 years, and I've just been living here full-time for four months. I still wake up every morning asking "Is it true? Do I really live here? How did I ever get so lucky?"