Sunday, October 25, 2020

SENDING OFF A PIECE OF MY HEART


October 15 was an epic day. First we went to vote, where we were lucky enough to walk straight up to our voting booths, with no line at all. Then we went to the post office, where my Mindfully Synchronistic Pandemic Art Journal began its journey to the California headquarters of Art Journaling Magazine, where it could sit for weeks, if not months, before I find out if they are even interested in it.  I'm glad I didn't chicken out, for I was torn between wanting her to have a chance at being published, and wanting to keep her here with me. She has been my primary focus and occupation for so many months now, I wasn't sure I would know what to do with myself!





This agenda page asked, if you could take a year off work, with pay, how would you spend it, and where would you go? My answer...



I guess I needn't have worried, because once I got around to clearing all the Pandemic Journal detritus off my art table, I rediscovered the half-finished Big Bend art journal I started more than a year ago!




It was my first time making a "one-sheet" journal, and there was some frustration involved -- not the least of which is figuring out how to make a cover for it, and what it should look like.

My "Inspiration Board" For Cover Ideas

Who knows? If I ever manage to fill up all the empty spaces in it, and get it covered, I just might get around to starting on that Cuba and Portugal paraphernalia that has been gathering dust for so long. Of course, that would probably mean that we are still in lock-down, for me to have that much time for art, which would be really depressing...or would it? 


No comments: