Tuesday, November 26, 2019

WARP SPEED AHEAD

Time goes so slowly here in Texas during the hot months. You start to think they will never end. But then you get your first cold weather, sometime in late October, and suddenly it's warp speed ahead! When I started having doctor appointments and stuff I needed to keep track of spilling into the new year, I realized it was time to high-tail it to Target to get a new agenda for 2020. On our way there we stopped at Costco to pick up a few things, and that's where I spotted this.


I gave it a quick flip through. saw that there was actually room in there to do some sketching and journaling alongside the calendar stuff, and thought "Hey! Maybe this will help me get back into those daily sunrise habits that led me to blogging in the first place -- the ones that have kind of fizzled away over the years. Plus, it will save me a trip to Target!" So I bought it.


It wasn't until I got it home, and gave it a closer look, that I realized it was actually a "mindfulness" journal, all about learning to be present in the moment, instead of constantly focusing on what's ahead -- something else I used to be much better at.



In order to help us along the path of learning to stay present in the moment, they have a rotating set of tools, such as coloring exercises...


breathing exercises...


 art exercises...


 journaling exercises...


and more!

It got me to thinkin', maybe this little journal and I were meant to find each other.


No comments: