Tuesday, July 2, 2013

FAIRY GARDENS

 I just realized there was one important thing from our trip to Ohio that I totally forgot to show you, (admittedly, I've been somewhat distracted since we flew outta there in such a flurry!) and that is this -- my sister-in-law's fairy garden.


Priscilla does amazing things with polymer clay. Usually it's jewelry, but this time she turned her hand to transforming a baby food jar into a wee little Hobbit-like home for fairies. Check out that tortoise shell roof, and the woodgrain on the door!


Pretty amazing, no? Especially when you consider how tiny it actually is!

2 comments:

Jeans 'n Tshirt said...

Morning HC-Hippie! We are neighbors - our relocation in march took us to Granbury, TX -- love the fair garden and wish I could do more with the polymer clay medium.

Hill Country Hippie said...

After I read your post about skunks, armadillos, and sunrises, I just had to keep scrolling back through your older posts until I figured out whether you were in Texas or not. I was right! An old friend from my college days at UT lives in or near Granbury now. Keep an eye out for JoBeth Cloud, a recently retired H.S. science teacher who's big into Master Gardening now. If you have any kind of plant or garden questions specific to that area of the country, she's the one to go to!