Tuesday, April 30, 2013

MELTDOWN AVOIDED!


Can you believe it? Three days without blogging, and I didn't even have a meltdown! I think the only thing that saved me was having the 21 Secrets class to lose myself in -- Kate Crane's Journal Soup lesson, in particular. Oh my, there is some fun to be had with that one! I read not long ago -- in that delightful little book Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple -- that creatives must create. Otherwise, they just get crazy. I think my hubby has been witness to that on more than one occasion, which is probably why he was scrambling so to get my blog working again. Turns out my iPhoto program had picked up a bug somewhere, and had it's own little meltdown. He ended up installing Picasa, and had to transfer all my photos over. Sooooo, guess who had upwards of sixteen thousand photos stored? Yep, that's right. The very same girl who made her hubby do all the photo taking for this family until about four and a half years ago, when she started demanding photos to go with her blog posts, and he just wasn't filling her requests quickly enough! Now all I have to do is learn how to use Picasa --  and we all know how much I love learning new computer crap, don't we?

While we're on the subject of creatives (and because Hubby had already downloaded these photos for me when trying to show me how Picasa worked) I thought I would tell you about the wonderfully color-mad artist from New Orleans whom I discovered at the Wimberley Arts Fest this weekend.


His paintings have such an amazing sense of place. You stand there staring at one of them, and the next thing you know, you're hearing zydeco and smelling roux! Well, if there's anything I love, it's color-madness and sense of place.


So, of course, I had to bring one of his little prints home with me, to add to my Color Mad Corner in the kitchen. If only it were Fat Tuesday at Linda Allen's tonight. I've got me a serious hankerin' for some gumbo!
 

No comments: