Monday, February 11, 2013

COLOR MADNESS: THE SOURCE

A lot of you already know about this, I'm sure. But just in case there are still a few who are un-initiated, I thought I should share with you my very favorite place to go when I'm looking for color inspiration -- Design Seeds. It's where I find great color palettes like this...

 and this...
 and this...
 and this!

Every single day they post a few more photo-inspired palettes, and they can even give you actual paint colors to match, if I remember correctly, though I've never asked for any. You see, though I first thought of this site strictly as a source for decorating ideas, I now realize it's even more useful to artists and designers. I mean, how often do you repaint a room? Once every few years? If, however, you do any kind of art, sewing, knitting, gardening or design work, almost every day you probably find yourself looking for inspiration -- something that will goad you to step outside your comfort zone or palette, and try something different for a change. Next time you feel the need for that kind of encouragement, I suggest you turn to Design Seeds!

No comments: