Friday, December 16, 2011

THE MUSES CELEBRATE OUTSIDE THE BOX

As I've told you in my Christmas posts every year since we bought this place, we are ever adjusting our attitude as to how we decorate for and celebrate Christmas.  We continue to shed those notions that have been imposed upon us by the media and others, as to how things "should" be done, and try to figure out what really works best for us.  Apparently, we aren't the only ones who have been thinking outside the box this year.  Let me show you what a couple of the Muses have been up to.

Both of them were loathe to give up space in their houses to the ginormous trees they usually put up, and, like me, they were unwilling to spend the time it takes to decorate one, with no kids around to help.  My solution was to switch to a modest, yet traditional, tabletop tree, where I could still display my favorite ornaments.

Outdoor Woman came up with this idea:

Don't you just love it?
Buffalo Woman stepped even further outside the box, and moved her tree out to the front yard.
She happens to be an amazing photographer as well, whose pictures have been in several shows around the Hill Country.

As for our Fiber Woman, well, she celebrates Christmas waaaaay outside the box, and if I can nab some pictures from her or her hubby, of where they will be for the next couple of weeks, I will tell you all about it.

Is it any wonder that I call these women my muses?

1 comment:

Hill Country Hippie said...

Via Facebook:
Jean Ohm Your Muses have some great ideas! I love Outdoor Woman's red stairs!
Friday at 11:03am · Like
Becky Thomas Lane Me too, and though it's mostly hidden by her Christmas greenery right now, she has a great collection of black and white plates that spiral up the wall behind the staircase! (Outdoor Woman is Deb Bradshaw, who I think you know -- my weaving class partner)
Friday at 1:44pm · Like

Jean Ohm I know she is and I've been to her home once and saw those plates. They look great next to the red.