Saturday, October 1, 2011

BOCCE ANYONE?


My sister and niece are here visiting this weekend, and suggested dinner out at the Mandola vineyard's restaurant, Trattoria Lisina, last night.



They must've read my mind, because I was just thinkin' that it'd been waaaay too long since we were out there!

Veal Milanese
Brick Chicken


It never disappoints.  In preparation for a huge Bocce Ball tournament they are about to host, they've added an outdoor pizza oven, more bocce courts, a playground, and a bunch of picnic tables, all of which will be kept in place after the tournament.  I'm thinking it would be the perfect place to come some day when you aren't really in the mood for fine dining, but would rather just grab a good bottle of wine, a slice or two of pizza, and sit there, soaking in the view.



It's kinda funny, now that I think about it, that we went all the way to Europe to eat food like this, in restaurants like this, while enjoying views like this, when I've got "this" right in my own back yard!

No comments: