Friday, September 3, 2010

LITTLE GREEN DRESSES



I have one more tidbit for you, regarding our trip to Stitch Lab. While we were wandering around the classroom, I noticed an interesting looking book lying on the cutting table. I asked the girl

seated next to it if it belonged to her, and she said "No, it's hers," pointing to the instructor in the pink plaid dress. "She wrote it!"

The book in question is called Little Green Dresses, and the author is Ms. Tina Sparkles, a member of the Austin Craft Mafia. Take note of that name. I have a feeling you'll be hearing more of it.

The book in question is not about wearing the color green, it's about refashioning fresh new items from already existing materials. In addition, it teaches you some basic sewing skills, and how to draft your own custom-fitted patterns. If you have a hankering for a truly unique wardrobe that makes a powerful statement, go here to find out more about Tina's book, or to reserve your copy. And FYI, this is a totally unsolicited appraisal. No freebies were received in return for these comments. All I got was a quick flip through the book as we were wandering through the shop, but it was enough to leave me wanting to know more about this book, and about this very talented young lady.

P.S. Be sure to check her website for photos of the dresses she made for the AMOA fashion show. I adore the one she crafted from a wad of computer wire!

4 comments:

Musings From a Patchwork Quilt Life said...

What a find! And what a great group name: "Austin Craft Mafia." I'm putting the book on my amazon list; I love to sew.

Now that I've started my fledgling blog, I'm starting to read more of others'. (Also a result of going to Farmville Anonymous--just kidding!--and reclaiming that time for writing and reading.)

Thanks for stopping by recently. And thanks for this tidbit.

Hill Country Hippie said...

Well, I've never played Farmville, but I had a similar revelation regarding TV. It's amazing how much more time you have if you aren't sitting in front of the boob tube from 6-10pm every dang night!

Teri H said...

Here's a cute blog I've been following recently... she does this!
http://newdressaday.wordpress.com/ I want to start getting creative in this way! That book is on my wishlist!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Very cool Teri. I wish I were more creative, and could visualize stuff like that. I stare at an ugly dress, and all I see is an ugly dress.