Monday, May 16, 2016

N'AWLINS STYLE

One of my buddies here -- a friend I met on my blog who later moved here and became my friend in real life -- does freelance marketing. Her clients are great little businesses such as charming boutique hotels and wineries. That means we occasionally get invited to join them at some really fun events, like this one celebrating the grand opening of Hotel Flora and Fauna, and this pig roast out at Hye Meadow Winery.


Yesterday, we were fortunate enough to be invited back to Hye Meadow, this time for a N'awlins-style brunch -- four courses, each with a different wine pairing.



Le Menu:


Grilled Veggie Cheese Bread
Seafood Gumbo
Cajun Stuffed Chicken and Cheesy Hashbrowns
Beignets
It was all très, très bien! In fact, the only thing that would have made it better would have been for me to remember to take a lactose pill before chowing down on all those cheesy bits!
  

No comments: