Monday, May 11, 2015

OPA! WHAT A GREAT MOTHER'S DAY

 
I have loved Mama Mia every single time I've seen it -- from the time Ms. Annamarie Mootz introduced me to the stage version in Houston, to the time I brought home the video and forced my hubby to watch it (he loved it, though he probably won't admit it). But this sing-along version? At the Alamo Drafthouse? On Mother's Day? Well, this was something special!


For starters, it came with accessories...


metallic streamers to dance around with when they played "Dancing Queen", money to toss in the air when they played "Money, Money, Money", and a confetti popper for the wedding scene!

Then, there was the delicious four course meal with wine pairings -- delivered at well-spaced intervals throughout the movie.


Best of all, though, was seeing it with my precious daughter...


who didn't seem to mind at all when I came close to boo-hooing over this song.

As if that weren't enough, I have another celebration yet to come. Mr. Austin has promised to take me out later this week -- a thank-you for not "forcing" him to sit through two hours of ABBA music. There's just no accounting for taste, is there?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me too and Opa is a sweet place to go. Nice atmosphere there. xox