Monday, September 16, 2013

COLOR MAD MONDAY: HAVE YOU FIGURED IT OUT YET?

The next piece of art that stopped me in my tracks was this:


This one is tiny compared to the others I have shown you -- only about 4"x 6". We stumbled upon it in a little art gallery on Coronado Island while visiting our daughter Lex, who lived in San Diego at the time. It is the work of Mexican-German artist Domingo Block, who paints with an old-fashioned wooden toothpick! The next time we went out to visit Lex we made a point of returning to that same gallery, Art and Frames by Wood, and bought this second piece by Block.


So have you figured it out yet? What do all my very favorite pieces of art have in common? At first I thought it was the vivid colors that drew me to Block's work, but after getting them home and hanging them with my other favorites, I realized there was more to it than that. If you scroll back through the two "art grabber" posts I did last week, you are sure to see the common thread that runs through them all!

No comments: