Friday, July 5, 2013

WHEN THE THOMAS GANG GATHERS

Now that it's just the two of us living here, I no longer do those mega-marathon trips to the grocery store each week. The place where I exercise it right next to the grocery store, so I usually pop in almost daily, getting just what I need for that evenings meal. Also, we no longer keep milk and OJ in there, so other than a pitcher of tea, a bit of good cheese, a few jars of pickles, a bit of fruit and veggies down in the drawers, and a few condiments, our refrigerator stays pretty much empty. I don't even buy salad dressing anymore, since discovering how easy it is to make a good vinaigrette from scratch.

Poodie and Gus Gus Arrive
When my siblings each asked what they could bring to our little get-together, I told them I had Thursday's dinner and Saturday's brunch covered, and we'd probably eat the rest of our meals out, but if they wanted to bring a few munchies for while we were hanging at the house playing Shanghai or whatever, that would be fine.

Sooooo, my hubby gets up this morning and wanders into the kitchen. He opens the refrigerator door, and then he just stands there for a few minutes, with a look of awestruck wonder upon his face. Finally he says "I don't think I have EVER seen this much food in our refrigerator!"


Add to that the buffet covered in chips, nuts and crackers, and the four pans of cakes and brownies on the kitchen counter, and I think they've got this munchy thing pretty well covered, don't you?

No comments: