Monday, July 1, 2013

FLOWERS IN HER HAIR


Yikes! The whole Thomas gang arrives in just three days, and there is so much to be done -- not the least of which is clean my house from top to bottom, as my cleaning ladies seem to have gone MIA this month. So what did I do all day yesterday? I read and did art projects, of course!


It's all your fault Junelle Jacobson, for having so many fun projects in your Wild Art Summer class!


Well, actually, I suppose John Green is equally to blame. He's the one who wrote the book I am reading now, The Fault In Our Stars. OMG -- talk about a page-turner! Ah well, I reckon my siblings have figured out by now that housekeeping has never been at the tip-top of my priority list. If not, then I guess it's time they knew, dontcha think?


Cuz right now, there's a project involving vintage campers and trailers, that's really, REALLY calling my name!

P.S. For those of you who weren't around in the late 60's, this song is the inspiration behind this journal page.

4 comments:

The Curious Holts said...

Oh LOVE that song and LOVE that art!!!

Much better than cleaning, my dear.

Campers? Trailers? swooning in advance!

Jeans 'n Tshirt said...

It reminded me of Going to California. - led Zeppelin... Love the pic I will have to one and share thanks

LaNell said...

Hi, wonderful picture and love that song. Is the Wild Art an online class? Campers and trailers sounds intriguing.

Hill Country Hippie said...

Yes, it's an online class taught by a blogger. I've taken several of her classes, and she's the perfect teacher for anyone who thinks they just can't draw anything but stick figures! She makes it so easy, and comes up with such fun project ideas. You can get a teaser glimpse of the vintage camper project, and more information about the class, here on her blog. http://yesandamenblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/wild-art-summeroh-yes.html