Thursday, June 13, 2013

WE MADE IT!

Greetings from Ohio! Unlike our last several plane trips, the travel gods were smiling upon us this Tuesday. Not only did our alarm clock go off right at 3:00 AM, just as it was supposed to, we also had no deer jumping out in front of our car on our pre-dawn drive to the Austin airport, we both made it through security in a timely manner (John usually gets pulled aside), our flight left right on time, and we actually made it to DFW ahead of schedule -- which was a very good thing, since we only had about 40 minutes between flights. Even better, our next flight left out of the very same terminal, albeit from the opposite end. Oh yeah, and I got aisle seats both times! I NEVER get aisle seats. All in all, that was about as good as it gets, when it comes to air travel these days.

Have had fun every day, but today was the best so far. When I first got interested in art journaling, my sister-in-law said, ooh, I bet you'd like Shelly Massey's blog called A Wee Bit Warped. She's a friend of mine, and her art is right up your alley. She was right. Shelly's work is fun and whimsical and absolutely color-mad, so I've been following her blog and facebook page ever since. Well, guess who I got to meet in person today? What a hoot! We spent several hours with her, and had more fun. I just loved her -- and that had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she brought us each a bag full of art journaling goodies, including a handmade journal!

Tomorrow is a backyard barbecue with the nieces and nephews and 20 or so of my SIL's closest friends. (Unlike me, she is NOT an introvert.) Catcha later!

1 comment:

Linda Hoye said...

Hope you have a fantastic time, Becky. Looking forward to seeing pics.