Saturday, May 4, 2013

WHAT FUN LIES AHEAD

If you ignore the teeth-cleaning on Friday, the week ahead is looking mighty fine. On Tuesday, the Muses are doing one of our gallery-hopping excursions over to San Antonio. I don't get quite the thrill out of spending hours in art galleries as they do, but I do love snapping photos of them all while they are together, doing what they love, so it works out quite well. And, there's always the food.


But wait until you hear what I'm doing on Thursday! High School Debbie and a group of her friends have rented a room at a place they call the Quilt Ranch, which I'm not familiar with, and they have invited me to join in the fun. We won't be quilting, however. Instead, everyone will be bringing their art supplies, a dish to share at lunch, whatever project they are currently working on, and of course, chocolate!  Just think -- an entire day of art without interruption, and the chance to hang out with, and be inspired by, other artsy friends. Why, it will be like a mini-version of that art camp I am going to in the fall! Brilliant, no?

Now all I have to do is figure out which project to work on while there. I've got a hankering to do another color-mad piece similar to that picture of the Muses above, which, now that I think about it, was taken on one of our very first gallery-hopping trips to San Antonio! Only this time, I want to play with this pic of Fiber Woman, taken at her 60th birthday celebration.


I don't know about you, but I see a Flamenco dancer lurking in there somewhere! Yep, the week is looking mighty fine indeed.

No comments: