Friday, May 4, 2012

LET'S GO TO THE HOP!

The Blog Hop, that is. Today's the day for The Art of Wild Abandonment's blog hop. Everyone participating has taken the same online art workshop that I am taking right now, though most of them took it last month when it first opened up, while I'm just getting started.  Though we all completed projects based on the same basic instructions, we each ended up with something uniquely our own, so we thought it would be fun to hop from one blog to the next, to see what everyone came up with. Here are a few of the things I've done so far. For our first lesson, on making thumbnail sketches, Junelle sent us to the store for some radishes! Then she gave us permission to go crazy with them -- to imagine them doing things that radishes don't normally do. Who knew radishes could be so much fun?
She then made us do another whole page of thumbnails, but this time we were to draw things around our house or garden that we really love. Obviously I have a thing for colorful kitchen pottery and ceramics.
From there we moved on to drawing these crazy cute little fat owls. Remind you of anyone?
I love the extra layer of crumpled paper that we added to the wings, and let flip up at the tips.
Ummmmm, cupcakes!
Here's my most recent project, called "Spring Line Up." It's supposed to be all about the things we hope to do or accomplish or bring into our lives this spring. My main goal is to release my inner artist!

I still have several more lessons to go before I complete week one, and then there are two more weeks to go after that (woohoo!). I'll be kinda sad when it's over. Don't know when I've had this much fun!

Next stop on the blog hop after me is Sherry L. Coogan, so hop on over to see what she was inspired to create! The one before me was Goog Guarino, and if you wish to go back and start from the very beginning, the first stop (and organizer of this wonderful event) is Claire Smillie. Have fun everyone, and many thanks to Claire for coming up with the idea!

18 comments:

Carin said...

Love all your stuff (especially your colourful dishes). And don't worry. There are loads of us who still have plenty of projects left to do.

Jenna said...

Love your owls Becky! Especially the one! Such a great face. You are going to love the whole class!

Marsha Fisher said...

Great sketching and pages...this HAS been so fun!

Claire Smillie said...

Love your crazy cute little fat owls! They are so cool! Love that you added an extra layer of crumpked paper to the wings...it really stands out and each one looks like it has its own little character! Such fun :)

Claire Smillie

Trish said...

I love all your work, I was drawn to you line up and the spectacular towel.. How cool and the apron.. oh my! thank you for sharing your blog with us... hugs

Hill Country Hippie said...

Thanks everyone! We had to be gone all morning, so I'm just finally getting around to doing some blog-hopping myself. I'm really loving everything I've seen so far, and have bookmarked an awful lot of blogs for return visits!

Anonymous said...

Love your owls.

Stephanie said...

Love all your work, but the sketches of your ceramics really caught my eye!

Heartwideopen said...

I'm still on week one also! LOVE your art pieces! Your ceramic kitchen art is so much fun! and your owls are darling!!!!!

Donna said...

Great work, loving all the colors!! Thanks for sharing :)

Dolores Raml said...

Great work, love your owls. Enjoy the rest of the class, I'm not done either yet.

kelly hoernig said...

the personalities of those owls - what a HOOT! love them!

Torri ;o) said...

loved all of your hard work, that radish snowman is just too cute!! your spring lineup is so fun, such wonderful colors and such whimsy!!

Ashley said...

cool, sketches with color! Thanks for sharing. I am really glad your apart of our little hop!

Unknown said...

Love your work. Especially love the owl with the glassess. Adorable.

Unknown said...

Love your work. Especially love the owl with the glasses. Super cute.

Nordljus said...

Wonderful sketches, your owls are so sweet!

JanetB said...

You're doing awesome work! So much cuteness here!