Sunday, October 2, 2011

WIMBERLEY MARKET DAYS

What can I say about Market Days in Wimberely?  500 booths. 1,000s of people, all determined to uncover treasure .  Traffic that creeps along at a snails pace.  Not being able to get anywhere near Mima's for a taco, since it happens to be right next door to all the hoopla.

Normally, we won't even go into town on a Market weekend, but about once a year, when the weather is especially fine, and an enthusiastic friend or relative is here visiting, I venture forth and join the melee.  You just never know what you might find.
Somebody must've snitched these from the Corral Theater
This time I happened to find a most unique gift for Dear Hubby -- something very old and utilitarian that is just perfect for solving one of his modern-day dilemmas.  But, I guess you'll have to wait until after Christmas to see or hear anything about that, won't you?
Not a great photograph, but trust me, the booth was amazing!

4 comments:

GoP said...

We were there! Ned tires easily so only for about 2 hours at the most. But it was gorgeous, couldn't resist...got a half finished blog post regarding our lunch at The Leaning Pear (also packed yesterday) that I need to finish

Hill Country Hippie said...

We didn't last long either - too many bad hips, knees, backs, etc. in my family! We went to Leaning Pear too, but for dinner instead of lunch. Perfect weather for eating out on the patio!

Rita said...

I haven't been to Wimberley in several years, but the booth in the last photo is one of my favorites.

Hill Country Hippie said...

Isn't it amazing? I was sick that my photo turned out so hazy.