Tuesday, September 21, 2010

NOT YOUR AVERAGE DELI






Did you know that Sandra Bullock, in addition to being an Oscar-winning actress, also owns a couple of restaurants and has restored several historic buildings in downtown Austin? I didn't know that myself, until just a few days ago. Apparently, preserving old buildings is a passion she inherited from her father, and acting is just her way of bankrolling this passion, and giving back to her community.

After receiving a tip about her two restaurants down on W. 6th street from one of my blog-readers,

we decided that Walton's Fancy & Staple might be the perfect place to have lunch before our play on Saturday. Oh, my my! Thanks for the tip Teri - we owe you one! This place is so much more than just a deli. It's also a bakery, a floral shop, a place to find interesting gifts, and they even do event planning! No detail was overlooked, in food nor in architecture. Why, just look at that gorgeous sink with copper faucets in the bathroom. Andy have you ever seen anything more precious than that tiny marzipan bumblebee atop the honey-almond cake with chocolate ganache icing that we all shared? All I can say is, now I can't wait to try her other restaurant, Bess Bistro.

No comments: