Wednesday, September 1, 2010

GIDDINESS AND WORRY WALK HAND IN HAND


I have two things to feel jubilant about this morning, and two things which cause me to fret. A nice even balance, I suppose. Number one cause for glee is the fact that I wrote "September 1st" at the top of my journal entry today. Here in Texas, the sudden realization that you've somehow managed to survive another August is always cause for giddiness. My number one cause for fretfulness is that my son was running a high fever all day yesterday, and he hasn't done that in years. No matter how old they get, we mamas still worry about things like that - especially when we are far away and can't do anything to help.

My other cause for giddiness - and this is a biggie - is that yesterday was John's last day as a consultant for BP! That means there is nothing left to stand in the way of his moving to Wimberley full-time come Christmas. Woohoo! Unfortunately, this is also the cause for fret #2. When his supposed "few days" at BP morphed into more than four months of round-the-clock work, they had to pull him off of everything else he was working on. So now, unless he can scrounge up a temporary project to immerse himself in, he's going to have a lot of free time to kill at the office. This is not good. Not good at all. Especially not in the weeks leading up to Christmas. You see, when my baby gets bored, my baby goes shopping. On-line. For things like electric toilets. 'Nuff said.

2 comments:

musingegret said...

Uh-oh! Cut up the credit cards, lock down the checkbooks and hide away all the beads and wampum---you're trying to **get rid** of stuff, not acquire more, right??!!

BTW, how *did* that electro-commode work out?

Thanks for the giggle today. ;-)

Hill Country Hippie said...

Well, though I never use any of those features on the control panel you see there (too time consuming, and difficult to aim!), I must admit that sitting down on a softly cushioned, pre-heated seat in wintertime is awfully nice.