Monday, May 3, 2010

SO PROUD OF MY BOYS


No rest in sight for John, nor for our son Austin. I think I told you that John was hired to come in and field calls related to the spill, no? The first day it was just him, then they got a couple more people to help him, then a dozen more, and now they've got about sixty people spread out over two 8-hr. shifts a day, working seven days a week, answering five or six thousand calls a day, and it's John's job to supervise them all. On top of that, Austin was called in to set up a database that could collect all the information from all of these calls - and he did it! In record time! And it works! Not bad for a kid fresh out of college, eh?

What a nightmare though. And all I can do is sit here and pray for all those involved - every creature, great and small.

P.S. Many thanks to expatbrazil.wordpress.com for the above image.

2 comments:

The Old Man said...

That's 24 hrs kiddo. Around the clock. Had 800 calls in one hour this morning.

Hill Country Hippie said...

Well, at least I finally thought of something I can do, besides pray that is. I think this situation calls for homemade pralines and Mexican brownies. So, how many workers are you up to now? Not sure if I have enough pans!