Tuesday, May 4, 2010

FEELING TORN

I'm having such a hard time, deciding what to do. I'd really like to go spend some time in Houston right now, 'though I'm getting mixed messages from John. One minute he tells me there's no point in my coming, since we'd barely see each other. The next minute he says "If you come here I'm liable to put you to work as a telephone operator." Even though he is working a minimum of twelve hours a day, seven days a week, I still think it would be comforting for him if I was there when he finally did get home at night.

On the other hand, we haven't had any rain in a couple of weeks now, and not only do these veggies need watering every day, via a complicated system of valves that need to be shut on and off to switch from tank to well water, there's all those perennials I just planted, and John's trees that need to have water trucked part of the way to them, then hauled in buckets the rest of the way. That's a lot to ask a friend to do on a daily basis for who knows how long. And then, of course, there's the cabbage worms that need to be diligently picked off and squished, and the tomato hornworms that should be showing up any day now. What to do? What to do?

Well, when a hubby needs snuggles, a hubby needs snuggles. Veggies be damned!

1 comment:

musingegret said...

Uhhhh, I dunno Becks. You've got quite an investment in new plants. Maybe hold off going till there's a chance of sprinkle?? Gaaahhh, I hate decisions like these----my sympathies to you!

http://news8austin.com/content/weather/8_day_forecast/