Thursday, April 16, 2009

DOH!

I have another confession to make. I am in a co-dependent relationship, and my husband and both of my kids are enablers. Because they are all geeks, they make it easy for me to be a Luddite. Why learn anything about technology, when I can just get one of them to do whatever needs doing? Which could be why I've had this blog for a year and a half, and I just now figured out that I have a choice when it comes to picture size!

The problem is, the chicks have flown the coop, and since hubby is only here part-time, I sometimes get fed up with having to wait on him to come fix my problems for me. Like yesterday, when I got that comment from Pamela over at Digging. The one on Tuesday's post that said "By the way, if you'll enable Name/URL comments, it'll let people without Google/Blogger accts comment too. Many people don't have them." I left her a terribly whiny reply about my being too dense when it comes to technology, and about hubby not being here to help me. I'm turning red right now, just thinking about it.

But, after a while I started to get pissed - first with John, for not being here when I need him, and then with myself, for being so dependent on him. Eventually it goaded me into sitting down at my blog, and clicking on some of these tabs that I've never even bothered to open before. Which is how I discovered, much to my chagrin, it is so easy to do what Pamela suggested, that any moron could handle it. Even me.

So now you must leave lots of comments, to help make up for my public humiliation!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Thanks Becky. I actually have a Google account, but I can never remember the login, which is why I send an email when I want to comment. Looking forward to lunch!