Saturday, December 6, 2008

COME HELL OR HIGH WATER


Know what I found in the mail just now? It's a check! Know who signed it? Pat Stone. Know who he is? He's the guy I've been collecting rejection letters from for about a year now, and the editor of a magazine called GreenPrints: The Weeder's Digest. I made up my mind that I wouldn't give up until he finally bought one of my stories, and I didn't. Guess that means I've finally reached the mysterious place known as "hell-or-high-water." Know what? I kind of like it here!

P.S. Many thanks to wikihow for the above image.

3 comments:

Polly said...

Congratulations, Becky! So how does it feel up there, in the tall cotton?

Hill Country Hippie said...

Well, it was a fairly small check, but nonetheless, I feel FABULOUS!

Jessica said...

Congratulations! So happy for you on getting your story published and having a family-filled Christmas season for many WEEKS this year! Enjoy yourself!