Thursday, July 3, 2008

SHE WENT OVER THE EDGE



I was so proud of myself. I thought I was really conquering this Pioneer Woman thing. I no longer give a second thought to the swarm of red wasps I have to pass through in order to enter my house in the summer. I smash scorpions with aplomb. I don't make a peep when passing the huge blob of daddy long-leg spiders that like to hang out on the back porch wall, just above my trash bin. In fact, I'm completely nonchalant about scooping the individual spiders out of the shower with a tissue and flushing them away. However, when I discovered this week that one of those throbbing masses of spiders was lurking on the backside of my commode, just waiting to creep out the moment my back was turned, so to speak, well, that was just way more than you could expect a Dallas girl to endure, wasn't it?

6 comments:

Eveline Maedel said...

oh Lord...that's a lot of spideys...((((shudders)))))

Christopher said...

Egads! That is a bit much. I've been working very hard on a "no-kill" policy in my home myself, relocating creepies I find rather than outright murder, but I'm afraid that little gathering would have to go. Shame you can't charge them rent!

Mel said...

Oh, that is gnarly!!! That would totally freak me out! The spiders in our home are lucky to have Chris here. When I find one on my own, it's dead.

In response to your comment on my blog, Disney was a lot of fun. It was nice to get both families together to hang out. :) We were really sorry to hear that Austin couldn't make it, though. :(
Also, I didn't know you read the Harry Potter books! I knew about Alexis, though. I'm really sad they're done, too!

Kevin Hall said...

Dude! Ew! I've been battling with house centipedes here in New York. Luckily they never muster in those numbers. Yeesh. I can imagine one of the spiders marching around the other ones giving a Brave Heart-like speech before they invade.

P.S. Christopher's a sissy.

Hill Country Hippie said...

EWW! Centipedes! Don't get me started! We've had a couple here, outside luckily, that were about 8" long and as big around as your thumb. I hacked one up with a hoe on our front porch, and a neon blue juice sprayed all over the walls. They HAVE to be aliens! Next time you see John, ask him about the one that tried to get intimate with him in a jacuzzi!

Christopher said...

Next time you see John, ask him about the one that tried to get intimate with him in a jacuzzi!

That's not a very nice thing to say about Austin. He's not even here to defend himself. =P