Monday, July 21, 2008

ERE I SAW ELBA

I know just how Napoleon felt, as he headed off to Elba. I'm on my way to Dallas this morning to take care of my mom while my sister is in the hospital having a knee replaced (different sister from last time), and then to take care of both of them for at least a week after Carolyn gets home. It's not that I don't enjoy being with my family, it's just that it's hard being away from home for that long: no swimming in the Blue Hole, no Meeting of the Muses, leaving my right arm behind (my Mac), no herbs to cook with, lots of dead plants when I get back..... I should be able to get on my sister's computer and check messages, maybe even add a few ramblings to the blog, but there will be no accessing my photos or any new finds to write about. Finding comments from you guys will be the highlight of my poor, sad, lonely days (hint, hint, wink, wink), so keep in touch!

3 comments:

lexlane said...

you forgot to mention missing your husband!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Safe travels, and hang in there with all that caretaking!
Becky

Hill Country Hippie said...

OOPS! Him, most of all!