Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'M IN WITH THE IN-CROWD!

I just had a brain fart while I was brushing my teeth. I was standing there facing the mirror, foam on mouth and toothbrush in hand, thinking about an email conversation I'd been having this morning with my new friend Sibby Barrett. Suddenly the light bulb switched on, and I realized why I could never give up my blog.

There are several women that I have become acquainted with recently, due to my blog and related emails: Susan Wittig Albert the author, Sibby Barrett of Onion Creek Kitchens, Pamela Arnosky of Texas Specialty Cut Flowers, and Jeannie Ralston of Hill Country Lavender. All four are women I had read about in the media long before I ever met them. They are like rock stars to me. And here I am, thanks to the net, having conversations with them on a regular basis. I feel like I'm back in high school, and for some reason, the popular kids have invited me to hang out with them. Neat-o!

1 comment:

WomenBloom said...

Great blog!

It is a whole new universe out here in cyberspace. When I started my web community and blog for women in midlife (http://www.womenbloom.com) one of the unexpected consequences was how many GROOVY women I have met. And some of them I haven't even met in person.

It is very inspiring and only reinforces my belief that us middle-aged women are some of the coolest people around!

I feel quite privileged :)