Monday, October 22, 2018

COLOR MAD MONDAY: UNDER THE SEA

Just now finishing up all the lessons with the first of six instructors, Lucy Brydon, in my monoprinting makeover class, and it only took me a month to do it! I have to say though, I've had more color-mad artsy fun in this one month than I've probably had in the last year.

This week we focused on using masks to make overlapping wavy layers like these...


then we selected our favorite, and turned it into a magical underwater scene, something like this.




Oh yeah! And remember those prints I made using dried foliage from my yard as masks? Well, my favorites from all of those ended up being backgrounds for all of these...




and these...



and this!


So thank you Lucy Brydon, for giving me one of the best months ever! Also, many thanks to Danielle Donaldson, one of my previous instructors, and author of the magnificent book The Art Of Creative Watercolor, which continuously inspires me to embrace the whimsical (such as dragons and mermaids and pirate ships) in my art. I love you both so much!

No comments: