Friday, October 20, 2017

SANTA'S BEARD


Everyone seems to think I'm the Christmas fanatic in this family, always pushing the season and wanting to start decorating way too early. Maybe that used to be true a long time ago. But not anymore. Somewhere along the way, Hubby and I traded places. He only pretends to be Mr. Macho Bah-Humbug, when in truth he starts his shopping by summertime at the latest, has at least two grocery-bags-worth of goodies to go in every stocking, and actually enjoys watching Hallmark Christmas movies with me. But we won't tell anyone his little secret, will we? Let him keep up the charade. Needless to say, it wasn't me who came wagging this home last week!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe that's what retirement does to us, we switch roles - Cute fella though. xox

Hill Country Hippie said...

You could be right! When we were young parents, he did all the gardening. But, by the time the kids were in school he had to travel so much he didn't have time for it. So I took over and it became my creative outlet. Once he retired though, I was more than happy to give it back to him. I'd much rather be in here painting and collaging now!