Monday, October 3, 2016

HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE


Though the Gaylord Texan may have been a tad short on shopping bargains and moan-inducing food, sister Gus had heard that downtown Grapevine had all that and more, so we decided to go investigate. Our greatest discovery was a little French cafe called Main Street Bistro and Bakery. Oo La La!



Believe you me, there were moans aplenty to be had in this place!


Three Takes on Grilled Cheese -- American, French and Italian


Lunch was so filling, we didn't have room for dessert, but we did take one thing from the bakery -- an amazing tart with a creamy filling beneath a shell of chocolate ganache -- back to the hotel, to share during a high-stakes game of Shanghai (kinda like gin rummy). I lost big time, but didn't really care since I was eating ganache.

Then there were the shops! My favorite, of course, being a color-mad shop called Good Things For All Seasons...


where I found the absolute perfect headpiece to wear to my daughter's annual Halloweeny Day of the Dead Anniversary Mima's Birthday Party!

Too bad I can't show it to you yet.

No comments: