Tuesday, June 28, 2016

THE BIG D JITTERS

Going home to Dallas always leaves me feeling, well, discombobulated. First of all, I have no sense of direction, and no GPS in my car, so I plot out my path ahead of time. After a few trips, when I'm finally getting it memorized, they go and change everything up, switching a left hand exit to the right, or some such thing! On top of that, the drivers there seem so mean. Narcissistic even -- as if they really don't care if their whipping in and out causes someone to crash -- compared to the country courtesy I've grown used to over the last ten years. Was I really like them when I lived there, and had to drive all over Dallas, Ft. Worth and Arlington on a daily basis for my job?   

Then there's the fact that, whenever I go there, it's usually because someone is ailing, and involves doctors, hospitals, needles, knives and pain -- the only things I hate even more than driving in big cities, and the things I'd do just about anything to avoid.

Last but not least, there is family dynamics. I'm sure you know what that is like -- especially if there are three bossy women involved!

So, like I said, as much as I adore my family, I can't help but come home feeling just a tad out of sorts.

Thankfully, all it takes is a bit of time staring at this...

Cypress Creek, from the back deck at Inoz', and some crazy photo-bomber!
to have me feeling right as rain once more.

Now that I've had a couple of days to recover, it's time to get busy again. The Ohio relatives are on their way to Wimberley, as we speak! First on my to-do list? Whipping up a batch of my Mexican Chocolate Streusel  Brownies. You'll find a link to the recipe over in my sidebar under Seasonal Recipes. You can thank me later.



No comments: