Tuesday, April 19, 2016

LAVENDER FARM WEDDING: PART II

Like I said, no wedding ever goes off without a hitch, right? Our weekend started off with a bang when, just as we were pulling into Austin Friday afternoon, Hubby realized he'd left all of his meds at home. Definitely not a good thing. He thought he could do without them until Saturday afternoon, when he was planning to run back to Wimberley to pick up all the wine and change into his wedding attire. I didn't agree, so we went back early Saturday morning, planning to be back in plenty of time to meet all my relatives for Thai food at lunchtime. We decided to just grab his wedding clothes and bring them back with us. We were halfway back to Austin when Hubby suddenly said "Uh-Oh!" I really, really hate it when he says that. "My shirt! I don't have my shirt!" So back to Wimberley we went. Fortunately, my siblings were just finishing up their appetizers by the time we made it to the restaurant.

When we were heading back to our room at the hotel, I passed Areej in the hallway, talking on the phone and looking a little bit stressed. I set my stuff down in our room, and went back to check on her. "Anything I can do to help?" "Hmmm, maybe you could consult on the bouquets? We have a few questions." When I stepped into the room that she and her three bridesmaids were sharing, she led me to the the bathroom, where I found these:



Apparently, they had picked up all of these gorgeous fresh flowers at the wholesale market just that morning, and they now needed to be made into bouquets for Areej and all of her attendants, but they weren't quite sure how to get started! And, yes, I did do some seasonal work for a florist back in the day, but I never, ever, arranged flowers. All I did was take Valentines orders over the phone, and decorate houses for Christmas! Thankfully, I have planted lots of container gardens over the years, and the golden rule for those is to have "Thrillers, Fillers, and Spillers".  Sooo, I held my hands out and suggested they put something tall and bold in the middle. Then we added a mix of medium-sized flowers around that and, finally, encircled it all with baby's breath and things that spilled out over the edges. What we ended up with was not bad. Not bad at all! Best of all, the bride finally had a happy smile on her face, and felt confident that they could do something similar for each of the bridesmaids. I then headed off to get dressed, since I was supposed to meet Lex at the venue early, to decorate all the tables. Areej promised to send her brother and cousin over early as well, in case we needed any help.

Thank heavens she did for, once we arrived, well, that's when things really got interesting!

No comments: