Wednesday, September 30, 2015

STUCK IN A RUT

When we first moved here, my greatest delight was exploring all the many little Hill Country towns, each one unique in its own special way. Over time, however, we more or less fell into a routine. Now our path is confined mostly to trips between Wimberley, San Marcos, Kyle and Austin. We keep talking about going somewhere different for a change, but never seem to get around to it. Needless to say, I was tickled to death when two of the Muses suggested an outing to Dripping Springs yesterday. It's been over a year since I was there, and then it was just for a doctor's appointment.

First stop was at Crêpe Crazy, and the weather was just perfect for dining out on their lovely covered patio. 


We each ordered a different kind of crêpe, then split each one three ways, so we could taste them all.

One Florentine, One Chicken & Mushroom
The hands down favorite was a dessert crêpe with sweet cream cheese and strawberries!


Did you know that Crêpe Crazy now has a second location? This one's in Austin, on S. Lamar I believe. Try it, you'll like it!

Once we were stuffed to the brim, Fiber Woman suggested we walk across the side street to the quilt store. I didn't even know Dripping Springs had a quilt store. Expecting some tiny rinky-dink place, I was in for quite a shock. For starters, the place is huge, taking up the entire space where Timpone's Market and Deli used to be. Welcome to Valli & Kim -- so much more than a mere quilt store!

Need a coloring book perhaps?




I tell you what, it kinda made me want to take up sewing again -- especially when I saw those matching sundress patterns for little girls and their dollies. Too bad I gave my sewing machine to my daughter.



The biggest surprise came when I asked one of the salespeople how long the store had been open, and she told me "about five years." Whoa! I really need to get out more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun shop, bet you will be back to Dripping Springs. xox

Karen said...

Check out the Sated Sheep as well, next time. Knitting/yarn shop where you can also have a glass of wine. Maybe next time Jane Jones comes to DS!!