Wednesday, September 23, 2015

HEADACHE PLANTS

We have two clumps of Texas Sage, one at each end of the property. As I mentioned recently, some people believe they can predict rain when they bloom, but that isn't exactly true. For one thing, our two clumps almost never bloom at the same time! Several weeks ago, when I wrote about the firepit clump coming into bloom, I did in fact wake up the next day to much cooler temps and a headache (I tend to get those whenever the weather does a yo-yo bounce), but no rain. At the time, I jokingly told my hubby that those sages seem to be better at predicting headaches than rain. Little did I know!

Only 63F. out this morning, which is fuzzy blanket weather, as far as Hubby is concerned.
Temps popped back up into the 90s shortly thereafter, but a couple of days ago, the firepit sages burst into bloom yet again.


And, sure enough, yesterday morning I woke up to cooler temps and one dooooozy of a headache. One which my usual cure-all of 2 Advil Liquigels plus a jolt of caffeine didn't even seem to faze. I tried going to my Tuesday morning meet-up with the Muses, but five minutes later had to pop up and run back home when the queasiness set in. Spent the rest of the day in a dark room with a wet cloth over my eyes, missing not only the time with the Muses but also the first fall vineyard meet-up with our wine-loving friends. Waaahh!

So, I'm guessing this is what it's like to have a migraine, huh? It finally went away later that evening, and I feel fine this morning, but I'm really, really, really hoping this isn't a sign of things to come. Cuz, if there's one thing Texas is known for (other than bonker politicians) it's weather that likes to yo-yo back and forth from one extreme to the other!

Dang sage plants...

No comments: