Monday, June 29, 2015

ONWARD AND UPWARD

If you recall, I've been immersed in book and paper reduction this week. First up was the recipe stash.


The cookbooks used to be just around the corner on the bookshelves in the bedroom. When I decided to move my Wee Little Studio from this hutch into the bedroom, I had to reduce the number of cookbooks by half, in order for them to fit here. So that is not my real problem now. The real problem is these guys...
 

...eight or nine notebooks full of handwritten recipes collected over the years, and the time it takes me to find just the one I am looking for.

Well, I'm happy to report that those eight or nine have now been pared down and consolidated into a single notebook!


Granted, it's one big honkin' notebook, but at least they're all in the same place, sorted by category. The best of the best -- simply scrumptious, one and all!

What is more, I even managed to pare the cookbooks down a bit further, once I admitted that many only had one or two recipes that I used on a regular basis. You may gasp in horror, but I gave myself permission to tear out those few recipes, added them to this notebook, then donated the books themselves.


Much better, don't you agree?

Up next, the dreaded file cabinet. Then it's on to the Bedroodio bookshelves and art supplies. Oh My!
 

No comments: