Tuesday, June 30, 2015

I PUT A SPELL ON YOU

I was reading in the living room a couple of nights ago, and when I glanced up I saw this through the front door.


The weird thing is that he stayed right there, in that same position, for an hour or more -- as if he were in a trance. I have a feeling he had his eye on one of our barn swallow nests, hoping for Ma and Pa to leave it unattended. Needless to say, I'm makin' a whole lotta noise whenever I approach my car these days!

Today I was out doing my morning walk when I heard some snarling and growling just a few feet away from our pump house. Almost wet my pants! When I glanced up I spotted the back end of a fox disappearing into the trees. I figured it must have been wrestling its breakfast. I circled around in the other direction, but when I made it back to that spot, there she was again, heading off into the trees. Hmmm. Maybe it was me she was growling at, after all. Perhaps she had a few babies hidden in that area and, thanks to this intrusive human, was now having to carry them each to a safer place.

Life in the country. Gotta love it!
 

3 comments:

Texas Hill Country said...

Perhaps you would be interested in blogging for us at TexasHillCountry.com?

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Wild and wooly in your neck of the woods. Foxes, no problem, snakes - uh - you can keep em. xox

Hill Country Hippie said...

Don't you have snakes in your neck of the woods Corrine?