Sunday, May 3, 2015

BACK ON MY POOPY LIST


Remember all those succulents that I went to the trouble to pot up, haul inside, and baby all winter long?


 
Well, here's what most of them look like now.


I just don't get it. I've planted those same kinds of succulents in that same pot in that same location for several years now, and the deer have never bothered them. Why now? Why decide to go after them when we've had the most consistent rain in years, and everything on our property is so lush and green that it's a veritable smorgasbord for deer? All I can think is that most of those in that pot were pups that I broke off from an older, larger plant. Maybe the young ones are more tender and juicy than the full-size plants I usually got from the nursery and planted in that container.


One thing is for certain though, my dear little deer. You are on my list! (This is me, pointing to my narrowed eyes, then pointing at you!)

You talkin' to me?
Yes, you!
 

No comments: