Monday, March 16, 2015

COLOR-MAD MONDAY: PLAYING WITH PORTALS

Finally had the time to play in my Art at the Speed of Life workbook a few weeks ago, and this was the result.


This particular lesson was about how to make a window or doorway in an art journal, which gives one a little peek at what's to come.


I chose this location in my journal because I already had a fun page below it -- one left from an art journaling class I once took with the ever bodacious Miss Dyan Reaveley, along with my sister Gus.


But, then I realized that doors and shutters open both ways...


so I had to come up with something for it to peek in on, when opened from the other direction.

Many thanks to artist Shelly Massey, whose little "zine" provided me with some awesome Wee Bit Warped collage fodder!

Know what? Playing with portals is fun!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great dresses in your window and a teesha like face in the next. xox